Monday, September 12, 2016

Yesterday was a sober reminder of how our nation changed over night.  Ron and I watched the Today Show broadcast from September 11, 2001.  I was home that day sick and watched the events as they happened.  I just remember feeling confused and scared.  When the second plane hit tower 2 it was obvious that we were under attack.  That was a horrible day as well as the days that followed.

I remember when they discovered that one of the terrorists had been here in Norman taking flying lessons at Max Westheimer Field.  That's just a few blocks from my house.  It was such a well planned attack.  I never doubt for a minute that it could happen again.  I'm just surprised that it hasn't already happened again on a major scale.

I don't know about you but I'm so ready for this election to be over.  It has been the craziest election of all time.  I'm holding my breath until it is over.  I may be holding it a lot longer if the right person doesn't win.

Strep throat is gone but bronchitis has set in to stay.  If I'm still coughing tomorrow I'm going back to the doctor.   My two days of substitute teaching has been costly.

No comments: